Blue Moon Yurt Events
(all the details)
Here’s the scoop!
The when’s and where’s and what’s included
for the Blue Moon Experience
BLUE MOON YURT FAQ
~Celebrating our 26th Season~
When is the Blue Moon Yurt season?
- Our winter season is from early December through the end of March
- We operate Thursdays through Sundays with the exception of holidays
Where is the Blue Moon Yurt located?
- Jug Mountain Ranch, McCall Idaho
- Getting to Jug Mountain Ranch (Click Here for Google Directions & Map)
What is the minimum and maximum number of guests?
- We require at least 12 guests to offer an evening at the Blue Moon Yurt. No matter your party size, we always have small groups looking to join in with others and book an evening at the yurt
- We take up to 26 people per night, reservations are first come first serve and weekends tend to book first
What are the evening hours for the Blue Moon Yurt?
- 6:00 – 10:30 pm. The entire Blue Moon Yurt experience lasts approximately 4.5 to 5 hours
- Guests usually leave the yurt between 10:00 - 10:30 pm and arrive back to the parking lot around 11:00 pm
Where do we meet?
- We meet our guests at the north end of the Jug Mountain Ranch clubhouse parking lot at 6:00 pm. This is the area where the upper ski & snowshoe trails originate
- Jug Mountain Ranch is located 7 miles from downtown McCall
What's the trail like & how far is it into the yurt?
- If you're not familiar with x-c skiing we highly recommend snowshoeing. No walking please
- The trail begins with a bit of an incline, then weaves through the forest and eventually declines down to the yurt
- The distance is 3/4 of a mile
- Click here for the McCall Area Nordic Grooming Report & Jug Mountain Ranch trail conditions
- Jug Mountain Ranch fee, ski/snowshoe pass and guide service
- Multi course meal of global delights including hot cider, appetizers, soup or salad depending on the menu, entrée, dessert, coffee & tea
What’s not included?
- Ski or snowshoe rentals
Guests are responsible for providing their own skis or snowshoe equipment. Gravity Sports, Hometown Sports and McCall Exchange all provide evening rentals for the Blue Moon Yurt and are in the McCall area
- Click here to find local rental shops
- Booze. It’s BYOB– bring your own beer, wine, or spirits. Blue Moon Yurt does not sell these items. No corkage fees applied
Dietary restrictions and allergies?
- Menu items can be prepared as gluten-free and/or vegan. Please call us ahead of time at 208-634-3111 to discuss options and notify us of severe allergies
What to bring?
- Skis or snowshoes
- Headlamp (recommended for extra lighting along the trail)
- Slip on shoes (for comfort in the yurt, especially if wearing ski boots)
- Your own beverages (our hot cider, coffee, tea and lemon water is complementary)
- Backpack (to carry items above and extra layered clothing)
- Dress casual and comfortable!
- Gratuity (always appreciated)
Cost & Cancellation Policy
$155.00 per person plus tax
- Gratuity is not included
- We require upon reservation pre-payment in full per person. If using a gift certificate, please bring it with you the night of your reservation and present it to your host
- Reservations are non-refundable unless we can rebook your space within 14 days of your reservation date
- Email or call us at 208-634-3111 for available dates and reservations
- Keep in mind that space is limited, and reservations are on a first come first serve basis
- Please keep in mind that the Blue Moon Yurt is a very small intimate space, and that ideal ventilation is a challenge
We ask that if you are experiencing any signs and symptoms of Covid, flu or any contagious illness prior to your reservation, that you stay home and take good care of yourself. Our concern is for your health, our community’s health and the health and wellness of our employees and business, so that we may continue to operate and offer the Blue Moon Yurt experience
- Please be respectful to those who may choose to wear a mask or not
We appreciate your understanding and look forward to seeing your smiling faces at the Blue Moon Yurt!
- Email or call us at 208-634-3111 for additional questions regarding Blue Moon Yurt policy on Covid 19 questions you may have